Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
- We are introducing a new podcast called FIREwalkers in lieu of doing season 3 of Retire Hoppy
- Click RetireHoppy.com/firewalkers for more information
- The idea for FIREwalkers came from our desire to improve financial literacy and our belief that the FIRE movement is a great fit
- I became aware of the FIRE (Financial Independence Retire Early) movement shortly after I joined Twitter in November 2017
- We attended FinCon 2019 in September which reinforced our intention of doing a podcast about financial independence
- Episode 034 contains the introduction to FIREwalkers which will eventually be released as FW 001.
- To get a better idea of what FIREwalkers is about, I recommend listening to episode FW 002 “Can Anyone Achieve Financial Independence” when it becomes available in mid-October 2019. It features our guests Doc G and Paul Thompson from the excellent What’s Up Next Podcast.
- I will release the first 3 episodes using the Retire Hoppy RSS feed and also on a new RSS feed for FIREwalkers. The RSS feed is how podcast apps such as iTunes pick up the show.
- Starting with FW 004, FIREwalkers will only be available from the FIREwalkers RSS feed. So it will be necessary to subscribe to FIREwalkers no later than episode FW 003. The new FIREwalkers home page will contain links to subscribe.
- In the introduction to FIREwalkers we talk about what the show is about, who we are and who the show is for.
- Our beer selection is from The Beer Research Institute, Mesa AZ
- The beer is a NE style IPA called Blackberry Urban Art.
- 5% ABV and 50 IBU
- New England style IPA brewed with lactose, fermented with London Fog yeast and dry hopped with Citra and Denali.
- Color is hazy and looks kind of purplish
- Smooth and flavorful