- Our guest is Jacob Merrill, 65, married with 2 kids
- Has an engineering degree and moved to Phoenix for a job
- Plans to retire within the next couple of years
- As retirement gets closer he is doing more research into getting ready for retirement
- Uses a financial planner for part of his portfolio
- His planner was especially helpful in managing his parent’s finances
- One of his retirement role models is his grandmother. She lived below her means and got rid of most of her material possessions.
- His other role model was his parents – in terms of how not to do it.
- His mother had over 30 credit cards and lived in her house way past her ability to manage it.
- Jake intends to take the honeymoon path after he retires.
- His biggest concerns about retirement are unexpected medical bills and the stock market crashing.
- His contingency planning is continuing to work.
- His final thought is that it’s important to keep money invested in stocks
The beer segment begins at 10:40.