Segment 1 Retirement
- Our guest is Kathe Kline from RockYourRetirement
- Our topic is health shares
- Health shares are Christian 501(c) organizations
- Members have to be Christian and sign an agreement that they live according to Christian standards
- Health shares are not insurance
- Pre-existing conditions are not covered
- Some plans have lifetime limits
- Across all sharing ministries there are 500,000 members
- Health shares are much less expensive than insurance
- Members pay a share
- They have the equivalent of a deductible
- Can’t use Health Savings Accounts
Segment 2 Beer
Our beer segment begins at 9:50
- Kathe is a newcomer to craft beer. She rates herself a 0.9 out of 100.0.
- Kathe likes light lagers and some dark beers (thanks to her experience in Germany)
- We taste Stone’s Go To Session IPA from Stone out of San Diego
- The term session refers to the limited drinking periods in British pubs, i.e. a session. A session beer is lower in ABV so that more than one can be consumed in a session without getting inebriated.
- It is only 4.8% ABV and with 65 IBUs
- It is not especially bitter for an IPA because the hopping imparts aroma and flavor
- A session IPA that delivers all the fruity, piney character of a much bigger IPA. Stone uses hop bursting, a technique wherein an irrational amount of hops is added during the final phase of the brewing process to bring out extreme flavors and aromas while also imparting a burst of desirably pleasant bitterness.