Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Segment 1 – Retirement
- How far does $1m stretch in each of the 50 states?
- Given an average retirement age of 63 and life span to 85, then one has around 22 years to need to fund.
- Here are the 5 most expensive states and how far $1m will go
- Hawaii – 11 years 11 months
- California – 16 years 5 months
- Alaska – 17 years
- New York – 17 years 1 month
- Massachusetts – 17 years 4 months
- Arizona (number 24 on the list) – 23 years 2 months
- The 5 least expensive states are
- Tennessee – 25 years
- Michigan – 25 years
- Oklahoma – 25 years 2 months
- Arkansas – 25 years 6 months
- Mississippi – 26 years 4 months
Segment 2 – Beer
- We taste Sierra Nevada’s classic pale ale
- 6 ABV
- 37 IBU
- Beer Advocate scores it at 91 and Rate Beer gives it a 94
- The head is medium foamy, long lasting with nice lacing
- The color is pale amber or deep gold
- The hops are very noticeable in the aroma
- The flavor is full-bodied. The malt sweetness is detected towards the end. A lingering pleasant bitterness remains.
- Sierra Nevada is one of the breweries that got the craft beer movement off the ground.
- Founded in 1979 in Chico CA by two home brewers
- Sierra Nevada pale ale was its first beer.
- Sierra Nevada is the 7th largest brewery in the US and now has a production facility in NC in addition to its flagship location in Chico.
- I took a tour of their brewery in Chico and it was fun and impressive
- Sierra Nevada is very environmentally conscious.