- If you stop exercising, it is very difficult to work yourself back to where you were.
- The benefits of exercise include lowering stress levels, better health, longer life, weight control, lower risk of heart disease and diabetes and lower risk of mental decline.
- Bill enjoys mountain biking and hiking which he says is a great way to lower life’s frustrations.
- Regardless of age, you can regain muscle mass which is critical to maintain mobility and being able to perform the basics.
- Roy enjoys running as does Ted. It’s a form of meditation.
- Bill spends summers in Ohio and Michigan. His recreational options are limited.
- One challenge of exercising as we age is that there’s always something bothering us physically.
- The reality is that a day will come when we’ll have to modify our exercise routine. The key is to keep moving.
- According to our retirement survey, 30% are exercising.
- It takes only 150 minutes a week to get the benefits of exercising.
- Be sure to take some time off to rest and recover.
The beer segment begins at 10:30.
- Bill is an accomplished home brewer.
- He started with a home brewing kit which is the way everyone starts.
- Bill talks in depth about brewing.
- It took him years to reach brew a beer that made him feel that he had taken home brewing to another level (he used Sierra Nevada’s recipe for their Celebration Ale).
- Bill entered a Scottish Ale in the Ohio state fair and won! He overcame many problems in the brewing process and almost decided against entering it.
- Bill’s beer choice is Bell’s Oberon which is an American wheat ale which is brought out in the summer.
- ABV is 5.8%, IBUs 26 with a 6 month shelf life.
- Bell’s ferments Oberon with their signature house ale yeast, mixing a spicy hop character with mildly fruity aromas. The addition of wheat malt lends a smooth mouth feel, making it a classic summer beer.